Thursday, September 11, 2008

Its All Becoming Filmy.......

Its all becoming a very filmy life currently. I have always been dreaming of getting opportunities to do something that I have always wanted to do. I had always said that I wanted my photography to get to certain level before I ventured into filmmaking. However there are always certain instances that turn your planning on their head. What is happening with me currently is something of the same sort. I had imagined myself to be getting to do some work with Mr Nitin before I got hold of a video camera and started to shoot any picture that was in motion (motion picture). But, one fine day I was talking to a friend of mine and telling her about the Thane lecture and the Vashi Judging of the Photo contest and everything when a junior in my college asked me about films and stuff. I told her that I have always wanted to do films, but I do not have the requisite experience for it. She however got me acknowledged about the concept behind making the film and how she wanted it to happen. The concept was classical art and its place in today’s youth. This somehow made me think that I could somehow do it and make a good thing out of the film. I have always wanted to make a film, so why not start with this. So that is how we got together to make the film. Where she had chosen people of her liking to work on the film, I chose one of my friends to work on the film with me as I needed an assistant anyway. I wanted him to help me while making this movie so that I could help him learn something about how shots are taken as he has been asking me questions about still photography for a long time. I got him along with me on board the project, and we both have been the most committed members of the team, of course, after our conceptualiser and DIRECTOR. The film is her concept and her baby so it is her job to give us directions about which shots she wants taken, although she does not understand a thing about composition and framing of a photo. She has made us very clear about the concept and the intention of the film, and she has been egging us on in doing this film. I now belive that we can actually make it happen. There is a saying, which says that ‘ Upar Wala Jab Bhi Deta Hai Chappar Phaad Ke Deta Hai’, which means that whenever the lord blesses us, He gives much much more than we ever imagined. We have already canned one interview for the purpose, got hold of one group discussion in one college in the city, and we will be having another discussion today in another college, which has been culturally strong historically.

The story and the concept of the film is not really what would catch peoples’ fantasy. For us, it is more of a challenge to ourselves to complete a film in a given timeframe and to make it as good as it can be made. We have had a lot of changing of ideas about how to start a film, and how to end it. We had been wrong there, because one cannot decide what to have as the opening shot of the film before any footage is shot. However being first timers, there are going to be quite a few mistakes. And the best part is that we are not making the movie commercial in any way. Me and the other guy on the team, Niranjan would like to make another film together. However I also want to make a film all by myself all the way. I have had certain ideas recently. I haven’t really been able to put them down on paper. However currently this film is the focus of our attention, and we hope to have it all done and dusted by the month of December. We do not want any hiccups in the shooting of the film, and we know that we would come with as good a product as we can…..

Hope I can at least put up the bloopers on the net for you all to see……

Bye for now, See you soon…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your comments are valuable feedback for me...

Powered By Blogger